The Kenbury Guest Accomodation
The Kenbury is a Victorian house set in a peaceful
location on the corner of two roads within 5 minutes walk of Shanklin town
centre and the train station. The beach
is 10 minutes walk away and the Old Village is 15 minutes walk away.
have 13 rooms offering single, double, twin and a family room.
aim to provide the highest standards of service to our guests and we look
forward to welcoming you to The Kenbury and making your stay an enjoyable one.
we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features which
might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. We have rooms at
different levels and there are steps into the main entrance and to the breakfast
Shanklin town centre is a 5
minute walk away
Shanklin train station is 3 minutes walk and offers train services to and from
Ryde Pier which links to the passenger ferry from Portsmouth harbour train
There is a local taxi service
that has accessible taxis. If required,
we can make a booking for you
dogs are welcomed we regret that we do not accommodate pets
Brochures and menus can
be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilites to
prepare documents in braille.
Our website www.isleofwighthotel.co.uk
provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the
services we provide.
You can contact us by
telephone, e-mail or fax. Please see the “Contact Information” section of this
document for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
Please advise us of
your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure that everything is
prepared for you.
To ensure your
accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 2.00pm.
Earlier arrival may, however, be possible by arrangement.
Parking is on a level
gravelled drive to the left of the property. There is a stepping stone path set
into the lawn which leads to the front door.
We offer assistance
There are three steps
of 12 cm with no hand rail up to the front door and a further step of 15cm as
you go through the front door itself
The front door is 94 cm
The front door is always
locked but we do have 2 doorbells at different heights to gain access
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- There is a short pile carpet throughout the
- The entrances to our ground floor rooms are off
the front hallway.
- The hallway leads into a guest lounge
- There is an internal door measuring 79 cm wide,
which leads to the back of the hotel where the bar and breakfast room are
- There are 10 steps, with a hand rail, which lead
down to the public toilet and breakfast room.
- There is a door from the garden room with 2 steps
down with no hand rail, which lead into the garden.
- A wireless network for Internet access is
installed at the property, and is available in all public areas, and bedrooms. Guests are provided
Lounge and Breakfast Room
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge at any
- The lounge has three sofas and an upright chair. Straight back chairs can also be moved
in as required. This room has a
32 inch digital television.
- A selection of local information, magazines,
books and board games is available in the lounge.
- Breakfast is served in the breakfast room on the
lower ground floor between 8.15 and 9.30.
- There is a buffet table from which guests help
themselves. There is waitress
service for hot food, drinks and toast.
- There are 3 ground floor bedrooms entered from
the front hallway – 2 doubles and 1 single. One of the doubles has an en suite bathroom with a shower
over the bath. The other double
and the single have en suite shower rooms.
- There are 3 rooms at the back of the hotel which
are accessed via 5 steps, with a hand rail, from the ground floor
level. One of these is a family
suite, consisting of 2 adjoining rooms with an en suite bathroom, plus an
extra wc and sink. The other 2
rooms in this area are doubles and have en suite shower rooms.
- There are a further 7 rooms up the main
staircase of the property. This
staircase consists of 19 stairs, with hand rails. The first 4 rooms are reached at the
top of these stairs. The remaining
3 rooms are reached via a further 3 stairs, with hand rail. Of these 7 rooms there are: 2 double
rooms with en suite shower rooms; 4 double and 1 double/twin rooms with en suite bathrooms,
with showers over the bath;
- Tea and coffee facilities and bottled water are
- Shower gel, shampoo and large fluffy towels are
- We also provide a hair dryer, digital TV with
Freeview access, and a clock radio.
- Our beds are normally made with synthetic
duvets. All pillows are synthetic.
- There is a wardrobe, chest of drawers and
bedside cabinets in each room, and some rooms have a small refrigerator.
- There is an additional seat provided in each of
the rooms. Further seating can be
provided on request.
- There is an information sheet on the back of the
door in each bedroom. These gives
details about emergency evacuation, Internet access, breakfast times
- We have a lawned garden with flower beds at the
front of the hotel which guests are welcome to use
- There is also an enclosed garden with chairs and
tables for guest use outside the breakfast room. This can be reached from the breakfast room or from the car park
down 6 steps with no hand rail
- A new fire alarm system was installed in
2007. This features smoke
detectors in every room, visual alarms which flash in the event of a fire,
in addition to the fire bells which ring.
- There are 6 fire extinguishers on the property:
2 up the main stairs, 1 by the front door, 2 in the area at the back of
the hotel, and 1 in the kitchen.
- The building can be evacuated via the front
door, via the breakfast room door, via the back door onto a private patio, or
via the kitchen. We are a no
smoking building (smoking is allowed in the garden where ash trays are
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any
particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these before your
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication. We
can also keep any perishables in our fridge for a limited period.
- Address: Clarence Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight, PO37
number: is 01983 862085. When
we are away from home this number is diverted to our mobile phone.
number: is 0844 5041019
- We are open from Easter to October.
- In 2011/2012 we have carried out many
improvements to our facilities. The breakfast room has been moved to a brighter more spacious room (which was formerly the bar), which means 5 fewer steps for guests. We have also knocked 2 rooms into 1 upstairs to create a more spacious "premier" double room.
We are continually working to improve and update our
If you require further details or have any comments
about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.